Help with a Federal Agency

If you need help with a federal government agency or issue, I'm happy to provide assistance and advocate for you however I can. My office can often contact the appropriate agency on your behalf to assure that you have been given every consideration available. Please know that I cannot force an agency to act in favor of a constituent.  However, I can help communicate the circumstances and request that they take appropriate actions to assist you.

If your situation is an emergency that requires urgent help (an urgent passport request, an ill family member overseas, etc.) you should call my Danville District Office at (317) 563-5567 for immediate assistance.

Please read the following before submitting your request:

  • If your issue concerns a state or local government issue, you should contact the appropriate jurisdiction. You can locate your state legislators by clicking here. 

  • Please keep in mind that the United States Constitution separates power between the legislative and judicial branches of government, and elected officials cannot interfere with legal matters or cases before a court of law. In these instances, you should speak with an attorney.
  • Once you submit your request by clicking the button below, you will receive an email confirming your submission has been received. If you do not receive an email within the hour, please contact my office. Otherwise, a member of my team will be in touch with you as quickly as possible to discuss your situation and how I can help.

How to Submit a Request

The Privacy Act of 1974 (5 U.S.C. ยง 552a) requires that Members of Congress or their staff have written authorization before they can obtain information about an individual's case. Once a constituent completes a Privacy Release Form, my office will contact the appropriate agency to find a resolution to your case. Please note that there are unique forms for certain casework issues. These forms are located below:

Immigration & Visa Cases: 
If you are experiencing an issue with United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), please fill out the Privacy Release Form for Immigration Cases, which you can download here

When you have completed and signed the form, please mail it to my office:

          Office of Congressman Jim Baird
          Attn: Constituent Services
          355 South Washington Street, Suite 210
          Danville, IN 46122

All Other Casework Requests: 
For all other casework requests, please complete the Digital Privacy Release Form

Contact Us

Office Locations


2303 Rayburn House Office Building, Washington, DC 20515


355 S. Washington St, Suite 210, Danville, IN